- Bev/Kathy: Jennifer Shea
- Russ/Dan: David Kimmelman
- Francine/Lena: Regine Vital
- Jim/Tom/Kenneth: Randal Lawrence-Hurt
- Albert/Kevin: Floyd W. Carmant
- Karl/Steve: Jason Myatt
- Betsy/Lindsey: Allison Rudmann Putnam
The story builds on events depicted in Lorraine Hansberry’s 1959 drama “A Raisin in the Sun,” in which a black family decides to buy a home in an all-white Chicago neighborhood. Norris sets his comedy in the house the family hopes to buy, and the audience watches the conflicts unfold: first, in 1959 when the white couple agrees to sell the house, and then again in the second act, when a new couple seeks to buy and renovate the house 50 years later.