Home » AFD Art Gallery
Category Archives: AFD Art Gallery
Arlington Friends of the Drama is launching an initiative to turn its lobby space into an art gallery—and here are 7 reasons why we want you to feel excited from head to toe about this news.
- It’s the newest thing to happen to our lobby since—well, forever! We love our spacious lobby and we love it even more when it’s packed with post-show audience members showering cast members with congrats, hugs, and flowers. Now, whether quiet or filled with noisy, happy showgoers, the lobby will wear a new look.
- Art will be available for sale.
- We know how essential it is to support artists. That’s why 85 percent of sales will go to the artists. AFD will retain 15 percent to help defray costs.
- Supporting the arts in our community is important, too. AFD will give preference to local and/or area artists. We want to support your work!
- We will hang four shows per season to generally coincide with our four productions.
- Each show will be exhibited for about four weeks.
- AFD’s first show of the season is the hilarious and touching comedy The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. We’d like to hang this first exhibit before Bee opens on September 9.
- Drum roll, please! We’re currently calling for artists to submit their work. The deadline for the September show is August 18. Artists should send images of their work and a brief artist’s statement to AFD board member Joe Stallone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now that you’ve heard all 8 reasons, help us spread the word! Share this post with friends, family, colleagues, and fellow artists.
Our subsequent productions open in November 2016, March 2017, and May 2017. So there’s lots of opportunity to get your art on our walls.
Once again, send your submissions to Joe Stallone at email@example.com by August 18. Get on our walls!